MIDiA Research Predictions 2019
The 20,000 Foot View: In this report MIDiA Research analysts present their predictions for what will be the big trends in digital media and tech, across music, video, media, brands, marketing, games and sports in 2019.
- User privacy become key product differentiator for not dependent on ad revenue
- 2019 will more brands take political stances align themselves with issues important their user base
- Apple to out multi-content subscriptions as tech content portfolios continue to grow
- 2019 will digital-first companies continue to disrupt even take charge of the landscape across all content genres
- Spotify will its first major artist as looks to move on from label deals
- 2019 will a strong year for streaming emerging markets, as mature markets a slowdown in growth.
- Snap Inc. be acquired in 2019
- Facebook to mainstream TV in 2019 as looks to rebound after a 2018
- Instagram TV will become the first non-Chinese, scale, long-form messaging app video
- Streaming latency become an afterthought in 2019
- Spotify will with a major global news for exclusive, news-based podcast content
- The golden for VC funded ad-supported media will end in 2019
- Tencent and will up their streaming efforts they look to produce cloud-based experiences
Companies and brands mentioned in this report: ABC, Alibaba, Alphabet, Amazon, Amazon Prime Video, Apple, Apple Music, AT&T, BBC, BT, BT Sports, BT TV, Bundesliga, Cambridge Analytica, DAZN, Disney, Eleven Sports, Endemol, ESPN, ESPN+, EU, FA Cup, Facebook, Fox, Google, Grey’s Anatomy, HBO, Hitco, IGTV, Instagram, Instagram TV, Jet.com, La Liga, Ligue Matchroom Sport, Microsoft, MLB, NBA, Netflix, NFL, Nike, PGA Championship, Premiership Rugby, Project Xcloud, Serie A, Sky, Snap Inc., Snapchat, Sony, Spotify, Sprint, Tencent, Time Magazine, Time Warner, T-Mobile, Turner Sports, Twitch, UEFA Champions League, UFC, UMG, United Masters, US Open, Verizon, Vice, Walmart, Warner Bros, YouTube