Join our team
Do you have a passion for digital entertainment and are excited about where the market is heading? We are! And we're always looking for talented people for different parts of our business.
You could be an awesome analyst or dedicated developer — please get in touch us so we can get to know you better.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
MIDiA Research, the leading provider of analysis, advisory and data for digital entertainment, is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic music and media focused consultant to support all of our consulting projects and activities, reporting to Consulting Director Keith Jopling.
This means project management, managing client relations, conducting research and analysis and preparing and presenting project outputs.
The person will also contribute to MIDiA's high quality regular syndicated reports (music) and will be expected to generate ideas, new themes for research and undertake the authorship of up to six reports per annum, with more frequent blogs and relevant participation in podcasts, industry events etc. Plus, contribute to the MIDiA team's wider thinking, brand development and all-round culture and work life.
Essential experience and skills
- Some understanding of research techniques: interviews, surveys, secondary analysis
- Some understanding the 'project life-cycle'
- Inquiry — curiosity, line of inquiry and active listening
- Data analysis using spreadsheets & basic analytics platforms
- Basic model building using excel
- Solid business writing — blogs, reports, white papers
- Strong creative problem solving and ability to apply concepts, models & frameworks
- Presentation and report writing using MS and Google suites
- Communication — clear, concise and enthusiastic ability to deliver insights, results and recommendations with confidence and humility
Desired experience and skills
- Grasp of issues facing the music and wider media industries
- Commercial skills — stakeholder management, business development, negotiation
- Financial skills — building financial models, understanding aspects of industry finance such as investment and company financial reporting
- Data science/deep analytics — further data skills with knowledge of 'big data' tools and packages such as Tableau
- Advanced creative problem solving and ability to develop concepts, models & frameworks
- Public speaking and media appearances
Working style and arrangements
This is a full-time salaried, permanent role. The person occupying the role is required to work full-time hours, flexibly, and initially working largely from home. The role will have limited travel (client and team meetings, industry events) including occasional international travel.