Streaming Media Consumption Video Leads The Way
The 20,000 Foot View: In this report, we present highlights of content trends from MIDiA’s Quarterly Brand Tracker, a survey fielded in the US, UK, Canada and Australia. This report explores how consumer behaviour evolved between XXX 2017 and XXX 2018 across music, video, games and social.
- Amazon Prime Video users XXX are more likely to have multiple video subscriptions than Netflix subscribers XXX of XXX year olds consume SVOD content either through their own subscription or a subscription that someone else pays for
- Only XXX of consumers expressed a concern that it was increasingly inconvenient to subscribe to multiple services in order to access particular shows
- Only XXX of XXX year olds and XXX of 20–24 year olds say they pay for Amazon Prime XXX of XXX year olds and XXX of 20–24 year olds in say they pay for XXX of XXX year olds identify as having left the TV ecosystem almost entirely in favour of video streaming services
- Weekly active use of Amazon Prime Video was largely stagnant since XXX 2016, hovering around the XXX mark
- Netflix’s weekly active users increased from XXX to XXX XXX penetration, the car has a wider scope of music listenership than the home speaker XXX or the smartphone XXX services face an uphill battle to gain ground in radio’s influential domain
Companies and brands mentioned in this report: XXX Century Fox, Amazon Prime Video, Apple, AT&T, Comcast, Disney, Netflix, Sirius XM, Spotify, Warner Media, YouTube