State Of The Streaming Nation 2 The Definitive Assessment Of The Global Streaming Music Market
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
The 20,000 Foot View: 2016 was the year that streaming turned the recorded music business into a good news story, with revenue growth so strong that it drove nearly a billion dollars of total growth. Leading streaming services spent the year competing with ever more impressive metrics while playlisting and streaming exclusives became cornerstones of the wider music market both culturally and commercially. 2017 is set to be another year of growth and the coming decade will see the music industry become a streaming industry in all but name. In this, MIDiA’s annual benchmark of the global streaming business, we present a definitive assessment of the global market, combining an unprecedented breadth and depth of supply side, demand side and market level data. This is quite simply the most comprehensive of assessment of the streaming music market available.
- YouTube and Spotify lead Weekly Active User penetration with and of Spotify users and Apple Music users access via a family plan of YouTube/Vevo music users listen to music without watching the video of YouTube users also use other streaming services subscribers had a for months ‘super trial’ in the prior months of subscribers create playlists while listen to curated playlists of consumers are now listening to radio less due to streaming of music subscribers are male, compared to in 2014
- Ad supported music video had million Monthly Active Users (MAUs) in 2016
- Spotify users stream tracks per week compared to for Apple Music users
- There were million subscribers in 2016 with Spotify’s market share 2017 major labels streaming revenue was billion, of which was UMG
- There is an average of streaming music services available in each country
- Streaming generated billion in retail revenues in 2016
- The US dominates with representing of global streaming revenues
- Subscriptions accounted for of streaming revenue in 2016 with billion
- The top music markets accounted for of all streaming revenue in 2016
- There will be million subscribers in 2025 generating billion
- Streaming will pass of music revenues in 2019 and reach billion in 2025
Companies and brands mentioned in this report: Alibaba, Amazon, Anghami, Apple, Apple Music, CDiscount, Cstream, CÜR Media, Deezer, Echo, Google, Google Play Music All Acccess, Hitster, IFPI, KKBox, KuGou, Kuwo, MelON, Merlin, Mixcloud, MTV Trax, Napster, Pandora, QQ Music, Radionomy, Saavn, Slacker, Société Générale, So Music, Sony Music, Soundcloud, Tencent, The Echo Nest, Tidal, TIM Music, Universal Music, Vivo Musica, Warner Music, Worldwide Independent Network, YouTube, Vevo