Soundcloud User Profile Male Dominated Music Sophisticates
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
20,000 Foot View SoundCloud is in many respects the odd one out in the audio streaming landscape. While the market is dominated by major label orientated subscription services like Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer and Napster, SoundCloud has plotted a different path – one centred around independent content, creator uploads and free access. This approach has, however, left SoundCloud in a rights No Man’s Land, with rights owners pushing SoundCloud to more closely resemble the other players. Though the resulting major label deals struck in 2016 saw the launch of the subscription offering SoundCloud Go, SoundCloud’s user base is not simply a Spotify audience waiting for a subscription service to sign up to.
of consumers use SoundCloud weekly, rising to in France and falling to in Sweden
- SoundCloud users are reasonably young, predominately male, sophisticated and highly engaged music fans
- In terms of overall digital activity though, SoundCloud users are decidedly average of SoundCloud users are under while are under
- SoundCloud’s core age group is year olds of the total)
- SoundCloud’s peak penetration is among year old males of SoundCloud’s users are male, significantly above the average for other streaming services
- There are million SoundCloud Monthly Active Users (MAUs)
- SoundCloud users are less likely than overall consumers to watch YouTube, but are more likely to have music and video subscriptions
Companies mentioned in this report: Apple Music, Deezer, Napster, Snapchat, Spotify, Vine, YouTube