Mobile App Economy Forecast 2015-2020 The Emergence Of A Mature Market
The 20,000 Foot View
The global app economy is maturing. This transformation will bring a multitude of headline-worthy power shifts in the next five years. At the top, the share of global revenue will shift significantly between regions, as well as between platforms. Furthermore, the revenue mix will become more even between spend segments, as whales approach their full potential and free users’ monetization will experience its largest boom yet. The app economy has a positive outlook for the next five years as developments in trends of key metrics point towards solidification of the app economy’s foundations. But this transition period will bring new challenges as the target audience and the revenue mix start reflecting the more mature market. App economy stakeholders cannot rest on their laurels now.
- The global revenue will reach billion in up from 2014
- Global app growth will gradually slow from 2014 to in 2020
- Western markets lessen in importance as Asia and Rest of World will for of global app revenue 2020
- The growing of available apps will negatively the app economy if app methods do not improve
- Revenue growth Low Spenders will reduce the economy’s dependency on high spending
- The number app buyers will grow between and 2020, outpacing the free growth of
- App buyers drop their revenue share from and high spenders from to the revenue distribution more equal spend segments
- Revenue of will surpass the revenue of as they reach billion and respectively in 2016
- Revenue from Users will be the fastest revenue channel as it will its share of global app from in 2014 to in
- Android will iOS’ lead in average revenue app download from in 2014 in 2020.
Companies mentioned in this report: Apple, Google