Instagram User Profile Edging Towards Mainstream
20,000 Foot View: Instagram was far from the first image-centric service to gain prominence, but something about its simple interface, filtering capabilities and ease of sharing saw the platform become something of a visual lingua franca for the selfie-generation. Now part of Facebook and boasting impressive growth figures, it surprised many with its longevity and continues to embellish its established position as the premier destination for photographic content in the digital era.
- Instagram’s audience skews young, with XXX of users aged under XXX app has evolved from a predominantly young female audience into a largely gender neutral platform
- Instagram has strongest adoption among younger consumers, with XXX penetration among XXX year olds
- Instagram users demonstrate strong digital native attributes, such as free streaming XXX watch YouTube and XXX stream music for free)
- The platform is geographically diverse with more than XXX penetration in Sweden, France and the US
- Even in weakly penetrated markets Instagram has high penetration rates for under XXX user numbers - XXX million Monthly Active Users (MAUs) and XXX million Daily Active Users (DAUs) - attest to its deeply engaged audience
Companies mentioned in this report: Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp