Connected Home Audio Forecasts, 2015 to 2020 The Reinvention Of Hi-Fi
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
The 20,000 Foot View While the home hi-fi market was fading into irrelevance Sonos quietly set about reimagining the whole concept of in-home audio. Now connected home audio is coming of age, with Sonos the dominant player in the multi-room audio segment. Consequently incumbents of all shapes and sizes are rising themselves from their slumbers and entering the market in force. Over the coming years the connected home audio market will grow strongly across all key product categories with streaming music acting as its catalyst.
- The majority of connected home audio consumers are young and male are male, are under of connected home audio consumers are early adopter and are technology influencers while are music streamers
- The connected home audio market comprises three main segments – low end wireless speakers, other wireless speakers, multi-room audio
- The average unit price of connected home audio is with average category and brand price ranging from to
- Bose has the highest average price Sonos is second with
- Bose has the largest share of connected audio households while Sonos is second with
- A number of new entrants such as FON’s Gramafon, Amazon’s Echo and Devialet’s Phantom will contribute to an increasingly competitive marketplace in the coming years
- Increased competition will bring greater fragmentation, aided by a range of competing standards and protocols including Spotify Connect, Google Cast, Apple Airplay and Qualcomm AllPlay
- There were million connected audio households in 2014, representing of all households globally
- This will rise to million and penetration in 2020, with the rate of growth accelerating each year
- Music subscriptions, youth, low end wireless speakers and emerging markets will all drive growth
- The US is the leading connected home audio market with million households in 2014 and will remain the leader with million in 2020
- Asia Pacific will be the largest region in 2020 with million households
Companies mentioned in this report: Sonos, Bose, JBL, Harman Kardon, Beats, Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Denon, FON, LG, Amazon, Qualcomm, Apple, Google, Bang & Olufsen, Devialey, Samsung, Ministry Of Sound, Naim Audio, Nad Electronics, Spotify, Deezer, Rhapsody, Qobuz, Pono, TuneIn, SoundCloud, Pandora, Rdio