YouTube State Of The Nation
The 20,000 Foot View: As the TV viewing experience becomes increasingly YouTube continues to expand as the world’s default video destination, with a XXX increase in year-on-year views for the top XXX YouTube channels. This is in spite of the company’s ongoing crack down to remove inactive subscribers on the platform. Music remains the main content engagement driver with a XXX increase in music views in the top XXX between November 2016 and November 2017. With Netflix and Amazon pushing the streaming video market forwards, YouTube's case as a relevant centre stage player, is stronger than ever before.
- Views of YouTube top XXX channel are up XXX YoY in 2017
- Music is still the dominant category with XXX of total views, although this is down slightly from XXX in November 2016
- Music channels have an average of XXX views per subscriber, compared to the top XXX channel average of XXX views per subscriber
- Music, entertainment and gaming together account for XXX of total views by XXX of US XXX year olds do not skip relevant YouTube ads, which is more than twice the all-country average of XXX continued to build its weekly active user base while competitors’ figures remained stable or declined
- In XXX 2017 YouTube weekly users passed XXX making it mainstream in the US, UK, Canada and Australia
Companies and brands mentioned in this report: Amazon, Netflix, Sling TV, YouTube