US Video Consumer Deep Dive Q1 2020
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
The 20,000 Foot View: This report presents key trends and analysis from MIDiA’s quarterly Video Brand Tracker survey, including devices for viewing, video streaming activities, SVOD, demographics, video streaming app users, and top streamed TV shows.
- Netflix and Amazon Prime Video continue to dominate streaming app weekly ac-tive users (WAUs)
- Disney+ engagement in 2020 nearly doubled compared to 2019, however its ratio of DAUS to WAUS declined by
- Apple TV+ has seen a decline in its ratio of DAUs to WAUs
- Despite increasing its ratio of DAUs to WAUs HBO Now retains the lowest weekly-to-daily use ratio at
- Netflix’s ratio of DAUs to WAUs has increased by quarter on quarter (qoq)
- In Netflix’s paid subscriber average age declined by four years to
- CBS All Access joins Amazon with the highest paid subscriber average age of
- TV viewing has declined on games consoles but increased on tablet and on mobile
- Both binge viewing and live TV viewing have increased by in (QoQ)
- Lockdown has skewed binge viewing towards younger demographics
- Multiple SVOD subscriptions penetration has increased by reflecting overall increased video engagement
Companies and brands mentioned in this report: Amazon, Amazon Prime Video, Apple, Apple TV+, AT&T, CBS All Access, Comcast, Disney, Disney +, Friends, HBO Now, Hulu, Netflix