Snapshot UK Q1 2020 Consumer Engagement for MMA and Boxing
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
This mini report is a review of trends and data established on MMA and boxing engagement from 2019 to 2020 in the leading English-speaking markets of the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. MIDiA Research fields quarterly brand tracker consumer surveys in key countries for insight data and aggregates party indicator data to track demand globally from Wikipedia and google searches, as well as social and critique sites.
- MMA viewing in the UK is stable, at in 2019 and in 2020
- Boxing viewing, however, has increased in the UK over the same time period from in 2019 to in 2020
- This compares to the English Premier League where viewing is down one percentage point over the same period of time in the same markets, from in 2019 to in 2020
- The UK leads for boxing engagement across the English-speaking markets with of consumers in 2020 watching the sport
- However, the US leads for MMA engagement with of consumers in 2020 watching the sport
- UK MMA engagement peaks among the 20-24 year age group at yet year olds account for the largest number of viewers at of the total
- UK boxing engagement also peaks among the 20-24 year age group at with the demographic also accounting for the largest number of viewers at of the total, and year olds accounting for
- UK MMA consumers over-index for streaming behaviour and under-index for linear TV
- UK boxing consumers over-index for both linear TV behaviour and streaming behaviour