Quarterly Digital Content Trends: Q3 2018
The 20,000 Foot View: In this report, we present highlights of content trends from MIDiA’s Quarterly Brand Tracker, a survey fielded in the US, UK, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Japan, Germany Sweden and Australia. The report explores how consumer behaviour in usage and expenditure for various formats stand as of 2018, across music, video, games and social.
- Playlist growth has flatlined
- Radio’s music discovery influence is waning
- Engagement around playing games on tablet or smartphones on a weekly basis has fallen from to year on year
- Listening to music on the radio is down from to year on year (YoY) while free streaming is up from to WAU was down from to for and Facebook’s core app was down from to is struggling to make the jump beyond gamers and its WAU engagement is flat at SVOD is beginning to challenge YouTube for time spend
- YouTube WAU penetration was down from to Games are losing engagement but retaining higher ARPU in-app payment audiences
Companies and brands mentioned in this report: Amazon, Apple, AT&T, BuzzFeed, Facebook, Google, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, Snap Inc., Spotify, Twitch, Twitter, Verizon, Vice, Warner Media