Video Market Country Profile: US The Global Online Video Powerhouse
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
The 20,000 Foot View
The United States is fast approaching the point where online TV viewing becomes a mainstream consumer activity. This has been facilitated by near universal levels of internet connectivity and smartphone adoption. Leading the charge on its home turf is Netflix, experiencing double digit growth since 2010. However growth is slowing suggesting that the online video space needs a further catalyst to push it into the mainstream.
- Online video user penetration in the US is while of the US population now view TV online
- The US is the worlds largest online video market with revenues of billion
- Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) is not yet a mainstream activity in any age group
- Less than a quarter of Americans view movies on a tablet or smartphone of US consumers have a media Streamer of consumers now regularly watch TV shows on their mobile devices
- Netflix has now monetized of the currently addressable market
Companies mentioned in this report: Netflix, Hulu Plus, Sky, Crackle, Amazon, Walmart, VUDU, Crunchy Roll, Vessel, YouTube, Apple, Google, Buzzfeed