Spotify Q3 2020 Earnings The Shift to Free
The 20,000 Foot View: With three quarters of 2020 gone, Spotify has prospered during the most challenging of times, with consistent growth across most metrics. 2020 saw a slight deviation from the script though, with ad-supported in the driving seat, especially in emerging markets.
- Spotify added monthly active users (MAUs) in to reach million MAUs, compared the million it added one earlier. This was higher than million and million added in
- Spotify finished million subscribers, one million above start-of-year forecasts. It added fewer in (six million) than it in (eight million) but it by more year-on-year (YoY) million)
- Ad-supported was strongest category in adding million MAUs to reach million, more double the seven million it in and million up on
- Spotify’s regional growth was one of two different stories across paid and of Spotify’s quarterly paid user came from Europe, while of user growth came from Rest World
- Spotify recorded of premium revenue in 2020, just on 2020 but YoY. steady premium gross margin improvement in 2020, reaching
Companies and brands mentioned in this report: Spotify