Online Video Vendor Landscape Key Players in the Online Video Value Chain
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
20,000 Foot View
2016 is the year that online video moves to the centre of the digital economy. Any content based digital business has to adapt to demand for video among its user base and find ways of incorporating it into their core offerings. Thus the music streaming services have suddenly found themselves needing to pivot into video to remain relevant to Digital Natives. In doing so they are joining an increasingly diverse and dynamic marketplace for video subscription services.
- YouTube remains the dominant video platform with an estimated billion monthly users of whom million are now paying subscribers through YouTube Red of the top ten most visited video services globally focus on the Chinese market
- The third most popular video service is a game based instant messaging service
- AVOD (Advertising-based Video On Demand) services are the most widespread means of monetizing video, used by all of the top ten and of the top
- TVOD (Transaction Video On Demand) remains niche with only two of the top services offering it
- SVOD (Subscription Video On Demand) also remains under represented with only five of the top using it
Companies mentioned in this report: Amazon, Dailymotion, Instagram, iQiYi, Facebook, Netflix, PPTV, Snapchat, Spotify, Sohu, Tencent, Youku Tudou, YouTube, Vimeo, Vine