Ad-supported video consumer snapshot Q4 2022 US, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, Sweden, South Korea, and Brazil
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
20,000 foot view: This report presents a snapshot of ad-supported video users, including age breakdowns, time spent on video (subscription video on demand (SVOD), ad-supported video on demand (AVOD), and pay-per-view), responsiveness to ads, devices used, and TV genre preferences.
The data in this report is from MIDiA Research’s 2022 Consumer Survey fielded in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, Sweden, South Korea, and Brazil.
The total sample size of nationally representative online respondents and the survey was fielded in January 2023. For the full array of data in this report, please refer to the excel dataset associated with this publication.
- Ad-supported video consumption remains overwhelmingly a US phenomenon, with penetration there at – more than twice the international average
- Nearly half of ad-supported video consumers are years old of ad-supported video consumers are binge viewers, above the consumer average
- Ad-supported video consumers' TV content consumption is now equivalent to their SVOD time spent
- Ad-supported video consumers over-index for all video consumption behaviours
- Ad-supported video consumers are more favourable to video ads
- Ad-supported video consumers slightly over-index for income of ad-supported video consumers are in the top income bracket, compared the consumer average of of ad-supported video consumers do not work, compared to the consumer average of