Ad-supported video consumer snapshot Q4 2022 US, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, Sweden, South Korea, and Brazil
20,000 foot view: This report presents a snapshot of ad-supported video users, including age breakdowns, time spent on video (subscription video on demand (SVOD), ad-supported video on demand (AVOD), and pay-per-view), responsiveness to ads, devices used, and TV genre preferences.
The data in this report is from MIDiA Research’s 2022 Consumer Survey fielded in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, Sweden, South Korea, and Brazil.
The total sample size of nationally representative online respondents and the survey was fielded in January 2023. For the full array of data in this report, please refer to the excel dataset associated with this publication.
- Ad-supported video remains overwhelmingly a US phenomenon, penetration there at – more twice the international average
- Nearly half ad-supported video consumers are years of ad-supported video consumers are binge viewers, above the consumer average
- Ad-supported video TV content consumption is now to their SVOD time spent
- Ad-supported video over-index for all video consumption
- Ad-supported video are more favourable to video
- Ad-supported video slightly over-index for income of ad-supported video consumers are in the top income bracket, compared the consumer average of of ad-supported video consumers do not work, compared to the consumer average of