TV and Video Advertising The Shift to Digital
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
The 20,000 Foot View: The video advertising landscape is slowly moving away from both being broadcast TV based and being primarily driven by developed markets. The transition is picking up pace, with TV advertising declining by an average per year from 2017 to 2023. In the meantime, over-the-top (OTT) ad revenue will increase by per year over the same period while social video ad revenue will grow by per year. The TV ad revenue decline will be uneven as Asia, Latin America and the Rest of World continue to grow, but not enough to offset the global decline.
- TV advertising revenue will decline by an average per year from 2018 to 2023
- OTT advertising revenue will grow by per year from 2018 to 2023
- Social video revenue will grow by per year from 2017 to 2023
- The global TV advertising market will lose billion in revenues in 2018
- The North American and European market share of global TV ad revenues will decline by between
- OTT’s ad revenue growth will help offset TV ad revenue decline from but will no longer be enough to do so from 2021 to 2023
- Between 2021 to 2023 the video advertising market as a whole will shrink by billion in revenue
- Social video will accelerate the integration of detailed user analytics for targeted advertising
- The overall decline in total ad revenue reflects advertisers getting better value from video advertising due to better reporting and accountability in digital formats
Companies and brands mentioned in this report: Century Fox, Amazon Prime Video, Facebook, Globo, ITV, NBCU, Netflix, Star India, Sony Entertainment Television India, Univision, Viacom