General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an EU regulation that came into force on 25 May 2018. It affects how personal data is collected, stored and used. The new regulation applies to organisations located within the EU, and also organisations located outside of the EU if they offer goods or services to, or monitor the behaviour of, EU data subjects.
At MIDiA we take your privacy seriously. We will keep your personal information private and secure. We keep the following individuals’ rights in mind at all times:
- The right of access – Individuals can request access to their personal data free of charge (in most cases) and ask how we make use of it.
- The right to be forgotten – Individuals can ask to delete or remove their personal data where there is no good reason for its continued processing.
- The right to data portability – Individuals can transfer or move their personal data between service providers easily and safely, without obstacles to usability of the data.
- The right to be informed – Individuals will know how we intend to use their personal data when it is being gathered, and they must freely give their consent to it. Your consent is not assumed or taken for granted.
- The right to rectification – Individuals are entitled to have personal data rectified if it inaccurate or incomplete.
- Individuals must have the right to withdraw consent and prevent further dissemination of data.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I learn more about GDPR?
You can learn more about GDPR here.
What information will be deleted upon my request?
Any identifiable information we have on you. The deletion process cannot be undone.
How do I request export or deletion of my data?
You can contact our Data Protection Officer to request for your data to be deleted.
All materials have been prepared for general information purposes only; they are intended to permit you to understand MIDiA’s position on the GDPR. The information presented is not legal advice, is not to be acted on as such, may not be current and is subject to change without notice.
Please contact us if you have additional questions.